Each ship is pre-equipped with a bridge to which crewmembers may be assigned to function in a tactical role. Up to four crewmembers may be assigned.
- Cental Command/Command Center
- Effect: Hull Walls +25% stronger
- In-Game Description: "We could have installed it on your ship right out of the dock, but then you would have nothing to upgrade."
- Token Cost: 1 Tactical Token, 1 Engineering Token
- Command Display
- Effect: Shields +20% Capacity
- In-Game Description: "You may ask 'Why does a display screen improve shields?' Our engineers would respond 'shut up'."
- Token Cost: 1 Tactical Token, 1 Science Token
- Crew Innertube
- Effect: Bridge Crew +15% critical shot
- In-Game Description: "The innertube improves bridge crew critical shots. It sounds like magic, but really it’s science. And magic."
- Token Cost: 2 Tactical Tokens
The term 'bridge' originated with Old Earth paddle steamships fitted with a raised walkway (literally a "bridge") providing the ship's captain with an unobstructed view. As ships (and later spacecraft) evolved, the term 'bridge' was retained for the command center of a vessel.