"The Engine is required for Light Wave travel. Furthermore, you can assign excess crew to become engineers!" — In-Game Description
The Engine room is one of the rooms you start with when you begin the game. It is a yellow room, meaning crew members assigned to the room become engineers, who are able to repair destroyed walls and put out fires with their welding gun.
- Calcutron 2000
- Effect: Engineers +20% repair rate
- In-Game Description: "Engineer crew members become more efficient at repairs and hitting on green aliens. Go get 'em boys."
- Token Cost: 2 Engineering Tokens
- Synchro Maximo
- Effect: Shields +15% recharge rate
- In-Game Description: "Your shields will recharge at a faster rate, compensating for your bad tactics and poor leadership."
- Token Cost: 1 Engineering Token, 1 Science Token
- Energy Tank
- Effect: Engineers +10% move rate
- In-Game Description: "Apparently when you drink the fuel that goes into the lightwave engines, your crew moves faster. May cause ocular bleeding."
- Token Cost: 1 Engineering Token, 1 Tactical Token
- You start off with this room when you begin the game, along with the Cockpit,
- All playable ships in the game have the same type of engine